The ways to facilitate a solar installation requires preparation. The first aspect to consider in facilitating a solar installation is the knowledge base. A solar installer must use reliable resource tools to produce instant selling points to the potential customer. If a customer needs to wait for information, the chance of completing the sale decreases.
Along with using effective resource tools, the second aspect to consider is the customer. Customers use the Internet and other resources to learn about different renewable energy sources available. A solar installer may use the knowledge to build a foundation for selling the positive attributes of solar panel usage. Combining both aspects of the resource tools and knowing the customer needs together form a complete sales presentation to facilitate the solar installation process.
Use Reliable Resource Tools
Being able to sell solar panels requires resource tools. Being able to provide a potential client with all the necessary information on solar panels is vital to closing a sale. Using software with numerous features for facilitating a solar installation sale is essential.
- Compatible Software: A solar installer needs to be mobile to meet with potential clients. Using software compatible with a variety of devices is a necessity. The desktop computer is a vital component in the solar installation process. Solar installation requires leaving the office. Laptops, tablets, and mobile phones are crucial devices for field work.
- Instant Quotes: Using software with customized quoting is essential for providing a potential customer with instant results. Configuring rebates, incentives and other discounts in real time shows the customer the solar installer has knowledge of the industry.
- Roof Drawing Capabilities: A potential customer will want to know how the solar panels will look on the home. Using software with roof drawing capabilities allows for easy changes in the solar panel representation. A simple change to meet customer’s desires is a great selling point.
- Industry Access: Being able to access information about the solar industry is vital to keeping updated on the newest developments. Knowing the latest news about the solar industry may be a valuable selling point when conversing with a potential client.
- Personalization of Software: Every solar installer has unique selling strategies. Using resource tools that allow personalization is essential. Software with ability to make notes, link to other valuable sources, or simply check the local weather help in creating an effective sales strategy to facilitate a solar installation.
- Chat Features: Chatting with others in the field or the home office allows for instant communication. Simple questions or checking about a potential client while in the field are crucial for sales.
Know Your Customer
Along with valuable resources tools, being able to facilitate a solar installation requires the solar installer to know the customer’s needs, be ready to thoroughly answer any questions. Customers who want to invest in solar panels will research all the aspects of renewable energy sources. As a solar installer, use the customer’s basic knowledge as a selling point.
- Monthly Savings: Explain how the solar installation will provide an immediate return on investment with savings in the monthly utility bill. Under some circumstances, the energy savings may actually eliminate the monthly utility bill.
- Produce Revenue: When the solar panels produce too much energy, the extra may produce a monthly income. The solar panels may be part of the local energy grid system. The utility company may credit or buy the extra energy. In time, the solar panel installation will pay for itself. The consumer will be completely independent of the energy provider.
- Tax Credits and Rebates: Along with monthly savings, the homeowners may be able to receive rebates, state and federal tax credits. The final amount available varies. As a solar installer, pointing out the information to a potential buyer as a means to offset the initial costs will aid in selling the solar panels.
- Requires Minimal Maintenance: After the installation process, the solar panels do all the work. The homeowner does not need to worry about the highly durable panels. The minimal maintenance is a perfect selling point.
- Home Investment: Solar panels may increase home value. If a homeowner decides to sell, the solar system may allow for a higher market price. The investment may actually produce a profit margin in the sales process.
- Eco-Friendly Product: The installation of solar panels is a great way to minimize the impact of the environment by eliminating harmful emissions into the atmosphere. Using solar panels produces energy through a renewable source. Each sunrise starts the renewable source over. By using a renewable energy source, the homeowner will not deplete any other natural sources.
The ability to sell solar panels requires the solar installer to encompass two vital components: the available resource tools and the customer. When using all aspects of the two components, the solar installer may facilitate a solar installation in an efficient and effective manner.