Every day, more and more people are going for renewable energy sources. Many individuals want to lower monthly utility bills. Others want to do their part in preserving the environment. In either situation, the solar installer has a unique opportunity to engage the potential client with the benefits of solar power. Being prepared when meeting with an interested party is crucial in selling solar succesfully.
Five Steps to Include in the Solar Sales Process
The best aspect to remember when meeting a client is every individual has a separate reason for wanting to install renewable energy resources. The difference makes each selling situation unique. As a solar installer knowing the solar sales process will help in finalizing each type of selling situation.
1. Accurate Quotes
Access to the Internet gives the solar installer many benefits. After inputting valuable information on the style and measurements of the house, the solar app will allow for an accurate quote of the solar panel system. Providing the potential client with an instant quote is an effective marketing tool in the solar sales process. A potential client does not want to wait for a quote on the solar power system. If a solar installer cannot provide the accurate quote in a reasonable amount of time, the result may be the loss of a critical sale.
The accurate quote allows the solar panel installer to judge the seriousness of the client. If the client is not truly interested, the solar installer will not need to invest any more time and resources in making a 3D proposal or other comprehensive design. An interested client will immediately want more details.
2. Know the Product
Approaching a client without sufficient knowledge of the benefits of solar power usage may lead to loss of revenue. Many clients who decide to purchase a renewable energy source do extensive research on the subject. Along with basic knowledge on how the solar power panel system works, a solar installer must show the benefits of using solar on a daily basis.
- Money savings opportunity with a reduction in monthly utility bills
- Allows for energy independence from utility companies
- Excess energy may result in credit or income from the utility company
- Starting immediately, the savings instantly shows a return on investment
- Increases property value by adding equity to the home
- High-performance ability with minimal maintenance
- Helps in preserving the environment by using an indefinite renewable energy source
- Federal, state and local tax credits
Knowing all the various reasons for investing in solar power provides the solar installer more chances to finalizing the sale. Every client investing in solar panels will need a different incentive to make the final decision.
Along with showing the client the different benefits of solar panel usage, a solar installer must provide encouragement. Begin by opening the lines of communication between the solar installer and the potential client.
- Answer all questions in an effective manner
- Provide extra incentives to encourage the potential client to finalize the purchase
- Provide clients with references and testimonies from previous customers
Often a small amount of encouragement is the final component in the solar sales process.
4. Solar Sales Tools
Using a quality solar sales tool is a must for the solar installer. Along with providing accurate quotes and lead generation, a solar sales tool has numerous other resources to allow for completion of the solar sales process. The main aspect for quality solar sales tools is the ability of use on many devices.
Selling solar panels requires the solar installer to be away from the office. An effective solar sales tool app will allow for usage on computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. Mobile and tablet capabilities give the solar installer the ability to walk around a community to follow up on leads.
- Roofing Design Feature: Use the solar software to effective design the placement of the solar panels on the client’s roof. By providing a roof design, the solar installer provides the client the chance to move the solar panels around to meet specific criteria.
- Chat Features: Chatting capabilities allows the solar installer the ability to ask questions with the office and other solar installers in the field.
- Weather Check: A solar installer will be able to use the local weather patterns as a selling point. California’s sunny days are a great aspect to consider in the solar sales process.
- Research: The solar application should allow the solar installer instant access to research tools. By knowing updates within the industry, the solar installer can use the updated information to finalize the sale.
Every component in the solar sales process is essential for completing a sale. Failing to complete a sale in a timely manner could result in loss of revenue. Knowing the different steps in the solar sales process will clearly increase your success.